Chicken is our go-to meat for many meals and I love recipes that bring a different flavor so meals do not become boring! This is a great recipe, easy to make, and everyone loves it!
- 8 oz package of sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. of melted butter
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- ½ cup of all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup of butter
- ½ cup of chicken broth
- ½ tsp of salt
- ⅛ tsp of pepper
- ½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup of Parmesan cheese
- 2 chopped green onions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
In a large nonstick skillet, melt 2 Tbsp. of butter over medium high heat and sauté the mushrooms for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise and place them between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap and flatten to ⅛ inch thickness.
Coat the chicken in the flour and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side in 1 or 2 Tbsp. of butter over medium heat in a nonstick large skillet.
Remove the chicken from the skillet and leave the drippings in the skillet.
Sprinkle the mushrooms over the chicken.
In the same skillet, add the broth and boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
Season with salt and pepper and pour the sauce over the chicken.
In a bowl, mix together the cheeses and onions and sprinkle over the chicken.
Bake the chicken for 12 to 14 minutes.
Garnish with fresh herbs if desired!
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 20 g
Cholesterol 94 mg
Sodium 596 mg
Potassium 370 mg
Total Carbohydrate 10 g
Protein 29 g
Vitamin A 9 %
Vitamin C 5 %
Calcium 18 %
Iron 8 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.