Looking for everyone’s favorite comfort-food coffeecake? This is it. Soft and moist, nicely cinnamon-y, this is the quintessential breakfast coffeecake.
Note: For those of you looking for a cake with less filling, one where the golden cake itself is the main attraction, reduce the amount of brown sugar in the filling to 1/3 cup, keeping the remaining ingredients the same.
Our guarantee: This golden cake is tender and moist, with a middle layer of dark cinnamon filling and a crumbly streusel topping.
- 7 ounces granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (if you use unsalted butter)
- 4 1/4 ounces King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 ounces butter, melted
- 7 1/2 ounces brown sugar, light or dark
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 ounces butter
- 1 teaspoon salt (1 ¼ teaspoons if you use unsalted butter)
- 10 1/2 ounces granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 ounces brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 6 ounces sour cream or plain yogurt
- 10 ounces milk (anything from skim to whole)
- 16 ounces King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour