Companies coming! This blondie recipe mixes up quickly and is great for company or whenever you need to satisfy that sweet tooth in a jiffy. Sweet but not too sweet.
Coconut Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1-1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 lb butter 1 stick
- 1-1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1-1/4 cup chocolate chips
- extra coconut flakes for topping
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare a 9" square bake pan with cooking spray. Whisk together the flour and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Mix the melted butter into the brown sugar until smooth. Then blend in the egg and vanilla extract
- Gradually blend in the flour mixture. Finally stir in the coconut and chocolate chips.
- Fold the blondie mixture into the prepared pan and press it out evenly over the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the top with the remaining coconut flakes and bake for approx. 25 minutes. Do not over bake. It will be done when the coconut begins to turn golden brown. Let cool for about a half hour before cutting into bars.