If you’re a fan of coconut and chocolate, get ready to indulge in the heavenly flavors of Coconut Magic Bars. These delightful treats are a combination of graham cracker crumbs, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate morsels, flaked coconut, and chopped nuts. The layers of deliciousness create a symphony of flavors that will leave you craving for more. In this blog post, we will guide you through the step-by-step process of preparing these scrumptious Coconut Magic Bars, along with some variations to cater to different taste preferences. So let’s dive right in!
How to Prepare Coconut Magic Bars?
Coconut Magic Bars are fairly simple to make and require only a handful of ingredients. Follow the instructions below to whip up a batch of these delectable treats:
Ingredients for Coconut Magic Bars
To make Coconut Magic Bars, you will need the following ingredients:
– ½ cup butter or margarine, melted
– 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
– 1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
– 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
– 1 ⅓ cups flaked coconut
– 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions for Coconut Magic Bars
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees for a glass dish). Coat a 13×9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Stir until the crumbs are evenly coated with butter.
3. Press the crumb mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan, creating a solid and even crust.
4. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the crumb mixture, ensuring it covers the entire surface.
5. Layer the semisweet chocolate morsels, flaked coconut, and chopped nuts over the sweetened condensed milk. Press down gently with a fork to ensure the toppings stick together.
6. Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
7. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the bars to cool completely. Once cooled, cut them into bars or diamond shapes.
8. Store the Coconut Magic Bars in a covered container at room temperature to maintain their freshness.
If you’d like to experiment with different flavors, here are a few variations you can try:
7-Layer Magic Cookie Bars: Substitute 1 cup (6 ounces) of butterscotch flavored chips for 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Follow the same instructions as mentioned above.
1. For added flavor, you can substitute peanut butter flavored chips or white chocolate chips for the butterscotch flavored chips.
2. If you’re a fan of peanuts, try the Magic Peanut Cookie Bars variation by substituting 2 cups of chocolate-covered peanuts for the semi-sweet chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
3. For a colorful twist, opt for the Magic Rainbow Cookie Bars variation by substituting 2 cups of plain candy-coated chocolate candies for the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Can I use unsweetened coconut instead of flaked coconut?
The recipe works best with flaked coconut, as it adds a delightful texture and sweetness. However, if you prefer unsweetened coconut, you can use it as a substitute.
Can I freeze Coconut Magic Bars?
Yes, you can freeze Coconut Magic Bars for up to three months. Make sure to store them in an airtight container or freezer bag.
Can I use a different type of nuts?
Absolutely! Feel free to use your favorite nuts or experiment with different combinations. Chopped almonds, pecans, or walnuts work well in this recipe.
Coconut Magic Bars
- ½ cup butter or margarine melted
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 14 ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 ⅓ cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees for glass dish). Coat 13x9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with chocolate chips, coconut and nuts. Press down firmly with a fork.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Cut into bars or diamonds. Store covered at room temperature.