- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 medium Vidalia onion (Sweet)
- 5 slices bacon
- 2 large potatoes
- 1/2 cup canned mushroom (1 Cup Fresh)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- garlic powder
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Cook the bacon; crumble and set aside; reserve bacon grease.
Peel and cube the potatoes; fry potatoes in bacon grease.
Dice the onion; season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and fry in the bacon grease.
Fry the mushrooms in the bacon grease.
Coat the chicken breasts with melted butter and season with salt and pepper and grill (I used the George Foreman grill).
After the chicken is cooked, cut into cubes.
Take Cream of Chicken soup and mix with 3/4 cup broth and season with pepper to make a sauce.
In an 8×8 glass dish combine chicken, mushrooms, onions, and potatoes. Top with sauce and mix it all up so everything is coated in the sauce.
10. Bake for 30 minutes covered with foil.
11. Remove foil, top with crumbled bacon, and bake an additional 10 minutes, uncovered.