Country Ranch Green Beans and Potatoes with Bacon, a dish that requires minimal effort yet delivers an explosion of flavors, allowing you to focus on the main course without distraction.
We all know the feeling of unease when grilling, fearing that something might get burned. But fear not! This recipe is a “make it and forget it” kind of dish that can be easily reheated on the stove or in the microwave. The best part? You can leave it sitting on the stove, covered, until you’re ready to indulge, eliminating the need for refrigeration.
Sometimes, the most remarkable creations come from the simplest of ingredients. In this case, a pantry raid led to the discovery of one lone can of green beans and a rather peculiar-looking potato. But with a stroke of inspiration, a small Vidalia onion joined the party, adding its sweet and mild onion flavor to the mix. After all, what’s a green bean and potato dish without its trusty third musketeer?
Join us as we delve into the easy preparation and mouthwatering flavors of this Country Ranch Green Beans and Potatoes with Bacon recipe. Get ready to savor a dish that will make your taste buds dance with joy and leave you craving for more!
Country Ranch Green Beans ‘and Potatoes with Bacon
- ½ stick butter 4 Tbl.
- 1 small sweet onion cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium regular red potato unpeeled, ½-3/4″ dice
- ¼ tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 3 strips crisp-cooked bacon thinly sliced
- ½ tsp. finely minced garlic
- 1½ tsp. dry Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing or Dips Mix either work
- 1 14.5 oz. can green beans, drained
- In medium saucepan or small frying pan, melt butter. Add onion, potato and pepper. Sauté over medium heat until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add bacon, garlic, and Ranch Mix. Stir in well.
- Fold in green beans and heat through, simmering, stirring gently and occasionally so that you don’t wreck them.
- Add pepper to taste. Add salt only if desired. *Ranch Mixes are salty