Chicken and noodles loaded with chunks of chicken, mushrooms, and herbs in a creamy gravy.
Quick and easy comfort food with one pot clean up!
One of my favorite things about this time of year is all of the dishes you can make in one pot.
You just throw everything in and, at the end of the meal, there’s only one pot to wash. That’s my kind of dish!
This chicken and noodles recipe uses cooked chicken. I cook big batches of chicken in my slow cooker and then freeze it in 1-2 cup portions to have on hand.
You can also use leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken. I have a great Slow Cooker “Rotisserie” Chicken recipe or you can pick one up at the deli department of almost any grocery store.
Have you ever tried frozen noodles? They’re the closest I’ve ever found to homemade (without all the work). I use them in my Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles, too. They hold up really well and don’t fall apart when I reheat the leftovers.
You don’t have to cook them separately, just toss them in the gravy and cook them until they’re tender. So easy, right?
In a large dutch oven, over medium high heat, melt the butter. Add the mushrooms, onion powder, dried thyme, and dried parsley; cook for 2-3 minutes or until the mushrooms have softened.
Add the undiluted soup, chicken broth, milk, and gravy mix.
Stir it well until the mixture is smooth.
Increase the heat to high and bring the gravy mixture to a boil. Add the frozen noodles and stir to get them coated. Reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until noodles are cooked through, about 15-17 minutes.
Stir in the chicken and fresh parsley.
Heat until the chicken is warmed through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
One Pot Creamy Chicken and Noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 .87 ounce packets chicken gravy mix
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken diced
- 1 24 ounce bag frozen noodles (such as Reame's)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped (plus more for garnish)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In large dutch oven, over medium high heat, melt butter. Add mushrooms, onion powder, dried thyme, and dried parsley; cook for 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms are softened.
- Add undiluted soup, chicken broth, milk, and gravy mix. Stir well to combine.
- Increase to high heat and bring to a boil. Add frozen noodles and stir to coat. Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until noodles are cooked through, about 15-17 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and fresh parsley. Heat until chicken is warmed through.