Cookitng time : 8 hours
Serves: 4 persons
- 1 pound beef round steak, cut into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly into half-moons
- 1 red or green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced, mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Cooked rice, if desired, for serving
Place the pieces of beef in your slow cooker. Sprinkle with the flour, salt and pepper. Toss with your hands to coat the meat with the flour. (For extra flavor I used a couple of teaspoons of Montreal Steak Seasoning, instead of salt and pepper.)
Add the onion, pepper, tomatoes, mushrooms and soy sauce.
Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours, until the beef and vegetables are tender.
Serve over cooked rice, if desired.