The best oven fried potatoes I’ve ever had have always been at my parents’ house. They ask for this dish every time we’re over there, and now that I know how to make them, I keep them coming as well. A few years back, Mom was kind enough to give me the recipe she makes every year – it’s the same unique simple recipe from her childhood that my Dad is so fond of. While these potatoes are absolutely delicious with baked chicken or grilled steaks , they also work great as a side dish for breakfast
Oven Fried Potatoes & Onions
- 5 pound red potatoes thinly sliced or cubes
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 slices bacon chopped
- 1/2 cup butter diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Place potatoes in an even layer in greased dish.
- Sprinkle onion and bacon over potatoes, then dot with butter. Cover dish with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and stir potatoes.
- Turn oven to broiler setting and allow potatoes to brown for approximately 5 minutes, until crispy.
- You may need to stir every minute or so to achieve even browning.
- Serve immediately.
Overall, if you are looking for a simple, satisfying side dish for your next family meal, this Oven Fried Potatoes and Onions recipe is definitely worth a try. The fresh taste of the fried potatoes and onions will have everyone asking for second helpings!