As a busy mom, Crockpot Pulled Beef Sandwiches have become a lifesaver meal in my house. I know I’m not alone when I say this: life gets crazy! Today in particular, the kids have a band concert, basketball practice, and wrestling practice. I have literally become a human taxi! So, on days like this, I have two choices, I can either grab dinner for everyone at some greasy-spoon fast food drive-in, or I can plan ahead, and have a delicious, no-fuss home cooked meal waiting for us when the kids get home from school.
Mmm! I think I’ll choose the latter! If you have 10 minutes to spare in the morning, this recipe is easy as they come. Just throw in a beef roast into the crockpot, add the ingredients, turn it to low, and walk away. No searing, simmering, or dirtying of any other dishes required.
You’ll come home in the evening to a delicious smelling house, and mouth-watering, apple cider-molasses pulled beef waiting for you.
Whoever invented the crockpot is a genius. Seriously.
Serve these up on kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, with a 5 minute-prep coleslaw.
Crockpot Pulled Beef Sandwiches
- 3-5 lb beef pot roast or round roast Trim off any visible fat.
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6 Hamburger or Kaiser buns
- Tangy Cabbage Coleslaw Recipe link in Notes below.
- Place beef roast in a large crock pot. Add the rest of the ingredients, and mix.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours (recommended method), or on high for 5-6 hours.
- When the beef is tender (you should be able to easily pull it apart with a fork), remove the meat from the crockpot with a slotted spoon, and pile it onto a cutting board or large platter.
- Using two forks, shred the beef. Add the shredded beef back into the crock pot to mix in with the sauce.
- To serve: Lightly toast the buns in the broiler or toaster. Pile the pulled beef onto each bun bottom. Top with coleslaw, if desired (or serve on the side). Add the top bun, and serve. Enjoy!