- 1 lb. chicken breasts, bones, and skin removed
- 1 – 15 ounces canned cannellini beans – white or red kidney beans – rinsed and drained
- 2 cups jarred pasta sauce like Barilla, Prego, Ragu or Classico
- 1 – 15 ounces canned diced fire roasted tomatoes
- Grated parmesan cheese as an optional topping
- 1 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1½ cups chopped red/yellow onions
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1½ tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1½ cups diced zucchini
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 or 2 carrot (optional)
1. In a microwave, cook together for 3 minutes onions and red bell peppers until soft. Lay chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock-pot, add the Italian seasoning, garlic, and a bit salt and pepper. Add cooked onions and red bell peppers, beans, zucchini, tomato sauce and fire roasted tomatoes. Stir well. Turn heat on Low for 5 hours or on High for 2½ hours.
2. Remove chicken breasts from the crockpot when ready. Allow to cool slightly and shred using two forks or with hands. Return to the stew and stir together well.
3. Serve as it is in a bowl, topped with Parmesan cheese if desired. if desired, it can be served over steamed cabbage, zoodles, brown rice, veggies, mashed potato, baked potato or toasted bread.
Servings: 6 | Serving size: 1⅓ cups stew without cheese
1g sat. fat