- vegetable cooking spray
- ½ cup low-fat baking mix
- 6 tablespoons spoonable sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples
- 2 ½ tablespoons canola oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup liquid egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
Lightly coat a 6-inch microwave-safe round baking dish with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine baking mix, sugar substitute, and walnuts. Coarsely grate 1 unpeeled apple, discarding the core.
Add to bowl along with oil, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and egg substitute. Beat for 2 minutes.
Spoon mixture into prepared dish, cover with waxed paper, and microwave on HIGH 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, core remaining apple and thinly slice. Arrange apple slices on top of partially cooked cake and sprinkle with brown sugar. Microwave, uncovered, for another 5 to 6 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from microwave and let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges. Serve warm.