- ½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- sugar substitute equal to 1/2 C sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In medium bowl, beat butter, sugar, and sugar substitute until well blended. (That should take about 3 minutes.)
Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
Alternately add milk and flour mixture to butte and sugar mixture, beating until well blended between additions.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Press flat.
Bake 7 to 9 minutes or just until set.
Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack and cool completely.