I came up with this recipe on a whim one night when I was running out of ideas for breakfast. I hardly ever make recipes I find online because I always feel that I can come up with something better, so I rarely measure ingredients. That said, here’s my version of beakfasr hashbrown casserole.
This recipe is a real crowd-pleaser. Perfect to serve on the weekend or on holidays when you have family coming over. The ingredients are few and simple, and the casserole can be made in advance and reheated right before serving. It’s nutritious and delicious!
Easy Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- 8 Large eggs
- 20 Oz shredded hash browns
- 1 Lb cooked meat - chicken sausage works well for this recipe
- 1 Bunch green onion finely diced
- 1 roasted red pepper from a jar diced and pat dry with a paper towel to get rid of extra liquid
- 2 Cups fresh spinach torn into smaller pieces
- 1/2 Lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tsp butter
- 1 Can evaporate milk, 12 oz
- 1-2 shredded cheese
- garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small frying pan melt butter. Add mushrooms and cook on medium-low heat for 5-8 minutes. Once the mushrooms are cooled, pat dry with paper towels to get rid of any extra liquid.
- Brown sausage and drain fat.
- Combine eggs, evaporated milk, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Beat until smooth.
- Place remaining ingredients in a 9x13 baking pan. Pour egg mixture into the pan.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight if you want.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until cooked through.
Don’t be afraid to get creative with this casserole. Mix in bacon or mini sausage links with the potatoes and other ingredients for a hearty breakfast that’s sure to make any mouth water when it’s ready. Serve alongside some fresh fruit or hard-boiled eggs for brunch or breakfast at your next party. This hashbrown breakfast casserole is sure to be a hit with your family and friends!