Oven roasted asparagus, who would have thought? I know in the past I’ve always cooked mine in the oven with a bunch of olive oil and kosher salt. But I wanted to try something new, so one day I decided to roast them. That’s when Crispy Oven Roasted Asparagus was born!
If you want to get your kids to eat their veggies — this is the recipe for you. It’s hard to deny crispy oven roasted asparagus when it tastes this good. And when kids (and lovers of crisp carrots) ask for seconds, you know you have a keeper recipe on your hands.
Crispy Oven-roasted Asparagus
- 1 bunch thin asparagus spears trimmed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees f.
- place the asparagus into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle with parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. arrange the asparagus onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
- bake in the preheated oven until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes depending on thickness. sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving.
If you are a vegetarian and want a healthy alternative to cooking, look no further. The following recipe is presented for your own personal enjoyment, and may be enjoyed as a snack or an addition to any larger meal.