Hi, I love meatloaf, but it always seems to be a pain in the butt to cook and make. After many years of cooking this stuff up, having it fall apart on me, spending hours trying to get through the recipe…I decided that it was time for something different. So I came up with this recipe.
This meatloaf recipe is easy to make, and comes out moist on the inside while nice and crispy on the outside.
- 1 egg
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f (175 degrees c).
- in a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread or cracker crumbs. season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 9x5-inch loaf pan, or form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- in a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
- bake at 350 degrees f (175 degrees c) for 1 hour.
There are many ways to make meatloaf, with everyone having their own version of the perfect dish. This is where I share mine, one that has been tweaked over decades of making it and seeing suggestions from friends. Whatever your recipe is though, don’t let minor quibbles or differences keep you or anyone else from enjoying a great meal.