Tuna is a sturdy fish that is easy to grill or broil
- 1 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced (about 2–3 cloves)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp oregano, minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- 12 oz tuna steak, cut into 4 portions (3 oz each)
- ½ can (15½ oz) low-sodium chickpeas (or garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- ½ bag (10 oz) leaf spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 medium tomato, rinsed and cut into wedges
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
Preheat grill pan or oven broiler (with the rack 3 inches from heat source) on high temperature.
Combine oil, garlic, lemon juice, and oregano, and brush over tuna steaks. Marinate for 5–10 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine all salad ingredients. (Salad can be made up to 2 hours in advance and refrigerated.)
Grill or broil tuna on high heat for 3–4 minutes on each side until the flesh is opaque and separates easily with a fork (to a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F).
Serve one tuna steak over 1 cup of mixed salad.