Not just a salad, but a delicious meal—try serving with crusty whole-grain bread
- 4 C red leaf lettuce, rinsed and chopped (about 8 leaves)
- 1 C frozen whole kernel corn, roasted (on a pan in the oven or toaster oven at 400 °F for 7–10 minutes)
- 1 C carrots, shredded
- 1 tomato, rinsed, halved and sliced
- ½ ripe avocado, peeled and sliced*
- 1 C frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 can (6 oz) canned white albacore tuna in water
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (or about 1 fresh lemon)
- 1 Tbsp lime juice (or about 1 fresh lime)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, rinsed, dried, and minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
Divide and arrange 2 cups of salad ingredients in each of 4 serving bowls.
For dressing, combine all ingredients and mix well. Spoon 2 tablespoons over each salad, and serve.