If you are looking for a cake recipe that will blow anyone away at the first bite, we have a winner – Heaven On Earth Cake! Everyone is looking for a way to take their desserts to another level with great presentation as well as taste. This recipe will do both and the best part it is so easy. You can use the recipe above and your imagination to create an impressive dessert everyone will love.
Who doesn’t love a good cake? Especially when it’s homemade and tastes like heaven. A lot of people will say that you can find the best cakes in bakeries while others say they taste better when they are home made. I love how you can make your top with anything you like, meaning you could add anything you want onto it and come up with a unique design.
Heaven On Earth Cake
- 1-2 store-bought angel food cakes or homemade
- 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 21 oz can cherry pie filling, divided
- 8 oz container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Almond slivers garnish, as needed (toasted, optional)
- Cube angel food cake(s) into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix and cold milk, then fold in greek yogurt until smooth and combined.
- Spread 1/2 cake cubes into an even layer in a 9×13-inch baking dish, then top with 2/3 cherry pie filling.
- Top with remaining cake cubes, the pour pudding mixture over cake and spread gently into and even layer.
- Use a rubber or offset spatula to spread frozen whipped topping over pudding layer, then drizzle remaining cherry pie filling on top of the pudding and sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Place baking dish in refrigerator and let set for 3+ hours, or overnight.