Today I have a classic recipe for Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing. Your cake will bake up and be so moist and delicious. This recipe is simple and will be a hit with your guests. We made this Carrot Cake and took it to my daughter’s baseball practice. The kids and the parents went nuts over it.
Growing up my dad always ate Carrot Cake for dessert. I immediately turned my nose up at it as a kid because it wasn’t chocolate or vanilla. Once I grew older, I tasted it and realized why he liked it so much. It’s amazing. The carrots make it seem a little more healthy than traditional cake.
Here is a sure fire recipe with an elegant presentation that will impress your friends family. It’s easy!!
Homemade Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 cups AP flour
- 2 cups grated Carrots about 4 good sized carrots
- 1 cup granulated Sugar
- 1 cup light Brown Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp baking Soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup roasted Slivered Almonds
- 8 oz. crushed Pineapple well drained
- 16 oz. cream Cheese softened
- ¼ cup Butter ½ stick, softened
- 2 ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered Sugar
- Cooking Spray
- Pre heat oven to 350˚F.
- In a bowl combine the Flour, Baking Soda, Salt, Cinnamon and Ginger.
- In a separate bowl combine the Granulated and Brown Sugars, Carrots, Pineapple, Oil and Eggs.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Add the Almonds. I like to crush them in my hands as I add them. You can crush them in a resealable bag using a small pan or rolling pin (get the kids they love this). Mix until just combined.
- Pour Mixture into greased 13 x 9 cake pan and cook at 350˚ until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, 35-45 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a stand mixer or using hand mixer in a deep bowl cream together the Butter and Cream cheese until well combined. Add the Vanilla and add the Powdered Sugar slowly until completely combined.