This Cranberry Sauce recipe was actually one my mom found that we used for Thanksgiving dinner, since this uses fresh cranberry, it does come out a little tart/sour.
I happen to like the taste, but if you would prefer it to be sweeter you can add more sugar until it reaches your approval.
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- 12 oz bag of fresh cranberries
- 1 Cup of sugar
- 1 strip of orange or lemon zest we used orange
- 1/8 Cup of water
- Pour 8 oz of your 12 oz bag of cranberries into pan
- Add sugar, zest, and water.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally; until sugar dissolves and cranberries are soft (about 10 min.)
- Increase heat to medium and cook until cranberries burst (about 12 min.)
- Reduce heat to low and add the last 4 oz of cranberries
- Mix together then serve