Does your family enjoy fresh homemade juice? Here is a delicious juice which taste like V8 juice. This is called V8 Juice. There are only seven ingredients. We process this V8 Juice in a water bath process. Honestly a couple of jars never get processed. They are consumed before being put in the water bath. Fresh vegetables, no preservatives.
Doesn’t get any better tasting or healthier.
Needed: Strainer, large bowl, non-reactive pot (glass, enamel or stainless steel), potato masher.
Who doesn’t love a refreshing glass of V8 Juice? But store-bought juices can sometimes contain added sugars and preservatives that might not be the healthiest option. Why not make your own V8 Juice at home? It’s not only healthier but also tastier and customizable according to your preferences. In this blog post, we will guide you step by step to create your own Homemade V8 Juice with ingredients that are fresh and bursting with flavors. So, get ready to embrace a glass full of nutrients!
How to Prepare Homemade V8 Juice
Preparing Homemade V8 Juice is a simple process that requires fresh vegetables and a little bit of patience. The richness of tomatoes combined with the crunchiness of carrots and the aromatic flavor of celery makes this juice not only nutritious but also heavenly in taste. The addition of parsley takes it to another level. What’s great about homemade juice is that you can customize it according to your taste preferences. Add a little black pepper or Worcestershire sauce to give it an extra kick!
Ingredients for Homemade V8 Juice
- 24 pounds of tomatoes
- 1 pound of carrots, scrubbed and diced
- 1 bunch of celery, scrubbed and diced
- 1 cup of diced onions
- 1 large bunch of parsley
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- 1 bottle of lemon juice
Directions for Homemade V8 Juice
- Wash the tomatoes and slice a shallow edge from the top to remove the stem and core. Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- Add the tomatoes to your stockpot. Use a potato masher or immersion blender to break up the wedges. Turn the burner to medium heat.
- Add the carrots, celery, onions, and parsley to the stockpot. Stir frequently to prevent sticking and scorching.
- Simmer for 35 minutes, until the carrots and celery are tender.
- Strain everything into a large pot and return the liquid to a clean stockpot.
- Juice the remaining vegetables using a food mill, food processor, or blender. Strain and add them to the liquid in the stockpot.
- Add the sea salt to the mixture.
- Heat the juice to 190 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure not to boil it.
- Wash and prepare glass jars and lids. Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to each pint jar and 2 tablespoons to each quart jar.
- Ladle the hot juice into the jars, leaving 1/2 inch of headspace at the top.
- Wipe the jars and add the lids and rings.
- Process thepints in a hot water bath for 35 minutes and the quarts for 40 minutes.
- Shake well before drinking and enjoy your delicious Homemade V8 Juice!
Tips for Perfect Homemade V8 Juice
- Experiment with Flavors: You can add different herbs and spices to your V8 juice to make it more flavorful. Try adding basil, thyme, or even a dash of cayenne pepper for a spicy kick.
- Using Fresh Ingredients: Always use fresh vegetables for the best flavor and nutritional value. If some ingredients are not in season, you can use high-quality frozen vegetables as an alternative.
- Storage: Store the juice in airtight jars or bottles to retain freshness. Refrigerate and consume within a week for the best taste.
Can I use different vegetables in my Homemade V8 Juice?
Yes, absolutely! The beauty of making your V8 Juice at home is that you can customize it to your liking. You can add spinach, bell peppers, or any other veggies you like.
Do I need to add any preservatives to increase the shelf life of the juice?
No, you don’t need to add preservatives. The lemon juice acts as a natural preservative. However, it’s best to consume the juice within a week when stored in the refrigerator.
Can I freeze the Homemade V8 Juice?
Yes, you can freeze the juice to extend its shelf life. Make sure to use freezer-safe containers and leave some space at the top as the liquid will expand when frozen.
Is Homemade V8 Juice healthy?
Yes, Homemade V8 Juice is extremely healthy as it is packed with essential vitamins and minerals. Since you are using fresh ingredients without any added preservatives or sugars, it’s a much healthier alternative to store-bought juices.
Can I make this juice in large batches and store it?
Yes, you can make large batches of the juice. Just make sure to store it properly in airtight containers in the refrigerator or freeze it to extend its shelf life.
Homemade V8 Juice
- 24 pounds tomatoes
- 1 pound carrots scrubbed diced
- 1 bunch celery scrubbed diced
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 large bunch parsley
- 1 ybsp sea salt
- 1 bottle lemon juice.
- Wash tomatoes. Slice a shallow edge from the top of the tomato, to remove the stem and core.
- Cut tomatoes into quarters.
- Add tomatoes to your stockpot. Use a potato masher (or immersion blender) to break up wedges. Turn burner to medium heat.
- Add carrots, celery, onions, parsley.
- Stir frequently to prevent sticking and scorching.
- Simmer 35 minutes. Carrots and celery should be tender.
- Strain everything into a large pot.
- Return liquid to clean stockpot.
- Juice remaining vegetables. Use a food mill, food processor or blender.
- Strain vegetables. Add to rest of your liquid.
- Add salt.
- Heat juice to 190 degrees. DO NOT BOIL.
- Wash and prepare glass jar and lids.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice to each pint jar. 2 Tablespoons to quart jar.
- Ladle hot juice into jars. Leave 1/2 inch head space.
- Wipe jars. Add lids and rings.
- In a hot water bath, process pints 35 minutes. Quarts 40 minutes.
- Shake before drinking.