Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- About 2 lbs of top sirloin steak, sirloin tip steak, or hanger steak
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed chili flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ teaspoons minced fresh rosemary (about 1 large sprig)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- Salt, to taste (optional)
Cut the steak into 1-inch cubes and set aside.
In a large bowl combine the balsamic vinegar, honey, vegetable oil, soy sauce, chili flakes, minced garlic, black pepper, and minced rosemary. Whisk to combine.
Place the cubes of steak into a large zip-top plastic bag. Pour in marinade, close up the top of the bag, and allow the steak to marinate for 1 to 4 hours.
Remove the steak from the marinade and allow it to drain well.
Heat a pan over medium heat. Add the remaining oil and cook the steak until it’s done to your liking.
If desired, skewer marinated steak bites with small skewers.
Season with salt to your taste.
Because of the sugars from the honey in the marinade, the steak may brown faster than you’re used to. Make sure to keep a close eye on it so that it does not burn.
If the steak is browned before the inside is cooked to your liking, you can finish cooking the steak on a lined baking sheet in a 350°F/176°C oven.