- 1 large or 2 small ripe mangoes, cut into very small chunks, divided
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup fine yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Set aside 1/2 cup of the mango pieces. Purée remaining mango in a blender or food processor until very smooth. Set aside 1 cup purée and reserve any remaining for another use.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Add mango purée and vanilla, and whisk again, just until combined.
To form each cake bite, mound about 1 tablespoon batter onto a large, parchment-paper-lined baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Press a reserved mango piece into the top of each and bake until firm and deep-golden brown on the bottom, 16 to 18 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.