- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 can (15 oz) pitted dark sweet cherries in syrup, drained
- 2 cans (20 oz each) pineapple chunks in juice, drained, 2 tablespoons juice reserved
- 3 seedless oranges, peeled, cut into small chunks
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
In 1-quart saucepan, mix all dressing ingredients except whipping cream. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly; cool.
In chilled medium deep bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on low speed until mixture begins to thicken. Increase speed to high and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in cooled egg mixture.
In large glass or plastic bowl, gently toss salad ingredients and dressing. Cover; refrigerate at least 12 hours to blend flavors but no longer than 24 hours.