- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 large egg white
- 1 ¼ cups Fiber One breadcrumbs (see Notes)
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Stir egg white briskly with a fork. Add crabmeat, ¾ cup of the breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, lemon juice, green onions, peppers, dry mustard, parsley, Old Bay seasoning and salt & pepper; mix well.
- Coat a baking sheet with non-fat cooking spray. Put the remaining Fiber One breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
- Form the crab mixture into six 1/2-inch-thick patties. Lay each patty in the dry breadcrumbs, and then turn each to coat them well on all sides. Pat the crab cakes firmly into rounds and then place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Preheat the broiler. Broil the crab cakes until nicely browned, about 4 to 5 minutes. Turn them gently and broil until heated through and browned, 4 to 5 minutes longer.
1 cup original Fiber One Cereal
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp black pepper
In a food processor, combine cereal, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and pepper and pulverize to a fine powder or breadcrumb like consistency.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 crab cake
PER SERVING: 139 calories; 2 g fat; 12 g carbohydrates; 18 g protein; 4 g fiber