Layers of rice, chicken breast, a creamy soup and salsa mixture and two kinds of cheese add up to a simply yummy salsa casserole! This recipe is a family favorite because it’s delicious and easily made with ingredients found in the pantry.
- 1 can fat free cream mushroom soup
- 1 can fat free cream chicken soup
- 2 cans water
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 1/2 cup instant rice
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- cilantro and green onions chopped (optional)
- 3 lbs. frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 breasts)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 350.
Coat a 13×9 inch glass casserole dish with cooking spray
In a medium bowl, whisk together the soups, water and taco seasoning, then pour into the bottom of the dish.
Sprinkle the rice over the soups, then place the chicken breasts (still frozen) on top.
Pour the beans and tomatoes over the chicken, then sprinkle on the cilantro and green onions.
Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour, 40 minutes.
Remove foil, sprinkle shredded cheese over to melt and bake another 10 minutes.
Makes 12 Servings
Nutritional Info Per Serving: 270 Calories; 5g Fat; 34g Protein; 19g Carbs; 4g Fiber; 79mg Cholesterol;