A cake made from a yellow cake mix is frosted with cream cheese, mandarin orange, and pineapple mixture for a light and refreshing cake.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package Cake, yellow, dry mix, regular, enriched
- 8 ounces Cheese, cream
- 1 ½ cups Sugars, powdered
- 1 (20 ounces) can Pineapple, canned, juice pack, solids, and liquids
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Mandarin Oranges In Light Syrup-Cnd DLM
- 1 (3.5 ounces) package Desserts, puddings, vanilla, dry mix, instant
- 1 (8 ounces) container Dessert topping, semi-solid, frozen
Mix and bake cake mix as per package instruction for two 8 or 9 inch round layers. Let layers cool, and then split each layer in half so as to have 4 layers.
In a large bowl, whip cream cheese until soft, and then gradually mix in confectioners’ sugar. Stir in the pineapple with juice and the drained mandarin oranges, reserving about 5 mandarin orange slices to decorate the top of the cake. Mix in the dry pudding mix. Fold in the whipped topping.
Place one cake layer on a cake plate cut side up; spread with frosting. Place another layer cut side down on the first one, and top with more frosting. Repeat until all layers are used, spreading the last bit of frosting on top and sides of the cake. Decorate with reserved mandarin orange slices. Refrigerate overnight before serving.