- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm water-packed tofu, drained
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 16 fresh mint leaves
- 4 plum tomatoes, quartered and seeded
- 1 onion, peeled, quartered and separated into layers
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup kecap manis
Cut tofu in half horizontally, making two large slices about 1 inch thick. Fold a clean kitchen towel and place it on a cutting board or large plate. Set the tofu on the towel. Put another folded clean towel over the tofu and place a flat, heavy weight (such as a skillet) on top; drain for 15 minutes; remove the weight and cut the tofu into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
Preheat grill to medium-high.
Combine lime juice, soy sauce and ginger in a medium bowl. Add tofu and toss to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Tuck a mint leaf into each tomato quarter and thread onto 4 or 8 skewers alternately with tofu, onion and jalapeños. (Discard any remaining marinade.)
Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the kebabs, turning occasionally, for 7 minutes. Brush with kecap manis and grill until the vegetables are softened and the tofu is well glazed, about 3 minutes more
6 g fat
1 g sat
20 g carbohydrates
12 g total sugars
11 g protein
2 g fiber