This recipe has been served so many times by my Mother that it’s legendary. Some children don’t think they like squash, but they will eat this casserole every time. Easy and inexpensive to make, big on taste!
- 3 – 4 fresh medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced fine
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
Cook squash and onion in water in sauce pan.
Remove from stove and drain water. In a bowl, mix the squash and onion mixture with the soup, eggs, 1/2 cup cheese; salt and pepper to taste.
Put this mixture in an oven safe casserole dish; top with 1 cup cheese and then the breadcrumbs.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 – 30 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown.