- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (16 oz.) package potato dumplings or gnocchi
- 8 oz. baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, grated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
Melt butter and oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and sauté onion and mushrooms for 6-8 minutes, or until softened. Season with salt and pepper.
Stir in minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant, then season with Italian seasoning.
Add ground beef and cook until browned, then drain fat, if necessary, and mix in Worcestershire sauce, cream of mushroom soup and heavy whipping cream.
Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes, giving flavors a chance to blend, then stir in potato dumplings and cook for another 5 minutes. (Note: if not enough space in skillet, combine in 9×13 and mix together.)
Transfer mixture to greased baking dish and top with Swiss cheese.
Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven. Bake for 30 minutes, then remove foil and broil for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is browned and bubbly.