..Advertisements.. CONTINUE READING BELOW
There are so many wonderful recipes using strawberries but I guess this is my favorite – just can’t improve on old-fashioned perfection in a sheet pan!
- 1 box cake mix, white
- 1 (6-ounce) package strawberry Jello
- 1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen) mashed and mix with sugar for fresh berries (drain and save the juice)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 4 eggs, large
- 1-1/2 – 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1-1/2 – 2 boxes powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen) mashed and mix with sugar for fresh berries
- (save juice to add for consistency and color as needed)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together everything but the eggs.
Add eggs one at a time and continue mixing for two minutes.
Pour into two greased floured round cake pans.
Bake 25 – 30 minutes.
While cakes cool, punch holes in cake and drizzle with berry juice. Let cool completely.
Cream butter with sugar, add berries and add juice to achieve spreading consistency.
Spread on cooled cake.
...Advertisements... CONTINUE READING BELOW