- 2 lbs. of ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomato’s, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 (10 ounce) cans of beef stock
- 3 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 5 tsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 (20 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces of pasta
Brown the beef and drain the fat……then put into crock pot with all other ingredients except the pasta.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on High for 4-5 hours.
Add the pasta 30 minutes before eating.
Serve with crusty warm bread!!! Note: if you do not have a large crock pot, cut the recipe in half. Pasta Fagioli also freezes wonderfully, so you can make a big batch and freeze the rest!!!