Who says comfort food has to be extravagant or costly? This delightful casserole that will leave you feeling content and fulfilled. Our Pasta Shells with Ground Beef recipe is a perfect embodiment of comfort food simplicity. With just a handful of ingredients and minimal effort, this dish comes together effortlessly, allowing you to savor its comforting flavors in no time. Get ready to experience pure culinary satisfaction with our easy-to-make Pasta Shells with Ground Beef casserole. In this article, we’ll explore the recipe for Pasta Shells with Ground Beef, along with some tips and variations to make it your own.
Why Choose Pasta Shells?
The use of pasta shells in this ground beef casserole adds a delightful twist to the dish. The shell shape allows them to hold the sauce from the casserole, ensuring that each bite is packed with flavor. Additionally, the pasta shells absorb the flavors as they cook, resulting in a well-rounded and satisfying dish.
The Perfect Pasta Shell Size
When selecting pasta shells for this dish, it is recommended to use medium-sized shells. This size strikes the right balance, allowing for a generous amount of meat and sauce to sit inside each shell without overwhelming the flavors. Using smaller shells might not provide enough space for the meat and sauce, compromising the overall taste and texture.
What Can You Serve as a Side Dish?
To complement this ground beef and pasta dish, consider serving it with steamed green vegetables, roasted vegetables, or a light dinner salad. These options add freshness and balance to the meal, enhancing the overall dining experience.
Understanding Sazon Seasoning
Sazon seasoning is a robust and flavorful blend of spices commonly used in Latin American cuisine. It typically includes ingredients such as cumin, oregano, and coriander, which impart a distinctive and aromatic taste to dishes. In the Pasta Shells with Ground Beef recipe, Sazon seasoning adds depth and complexity to the flavor profile.
Can I substitute ground beef with another type of meat?
Yes, if you prefer a different type of meat, such as ground turkey or chicken, you can easily substitute it in this recipe. Keep in mind that the flavor profile may vary slightly depending on the meat you choose.
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
Absolutely! Pasta Shells with Ground Beef can be prepared in advance and reheated when needed. Simply store the cooked casserole in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to enjoy it, reheat it in the oven or microwave until heated through.
Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, this casserole can be frozen for future meals. Place the cooled leftovers in a freezer-safe container or individual portions in freezer bags. Make sure to label and date the containers. When you’re ready to eat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the oven or microwave.
Can I customize the recipe to my taste?
Absolutely! This recipe serves as a base, and you can customize it according to your preferences. You can add additional vegetables, such as bell peppers or mushrooms, or experiment with different spices to enhance the flavor profile to your liking.
Pasta Shells With Ground Beef
- 1 ½ pounds Ground Beef
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- Sazon Perfecta Seasoning to taste
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 packets Sazon seasoning
- 4 cups Water
- 4 tbsp Tomato Broth
- 2 tbsp Chicken broth
- 2 cups Shell Pasta
- 3 Serrano Peppers diced
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilis
- ½ Yellow Onion diced
- ¼ cup Parsley chopped
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, crumble and brown the ground beef until fully cooked.
- Drain the excess fat from the skillet.
- Season the ground beef with black pepper and Sazon seasoning, adjusting the amount to taste.
- In another skillet, add the olive oil and brown the shell pasta until it develops a golden color.
- Once the pasta is browned, add it to the skillet with the ground beef.
- Incorporate the remaining ingredients into the skillet, including the water, tomato broth, chicken broth, Serrano peppers, Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilis, yellow onion, and chopped parsley. Stir to combine all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Cover the skillet and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Allow the mixture to cook until the pasta shells are tender and have absorbed the flavors of the sauce.