PREP TIME15 minutes
COOK TIME10 minutes
TOTAL TIME25 minutes
- 8 oz elbow noodles ( I use barilla plus elbows)
- 4 laughing cow pepper jack cheese wedges
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp Land o’ Lakes light butter made with canola oil or any light butter
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 5 (about 2 cups) skinless, boneless chicken tenders (diced)
- Dash of red pepper flakes seasoning, to taste
- Dash of salt and pepper, to taste
Cook the pasta as directed on back of the packaging. Drain and set aside.
Spray a skillet pan with non stick cooking spray, place chicken tenders in pan and sprinkle a dash of red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper on the chicken tenders. Cook for 3-4 minutes on both sides until chicken is no longer translucent inside. Set aside.
Melt the butter in a large pan and add the flour. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for a minute or so. Add the milk and stir or whisk until well combined. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thicken.
Stir in pepper jack cheese wedges until they have completely melted.
In a large mixing bowl, add noodles and pour cheese sauce over cooked noodles.
Stir until sauce has been incorporated with noodles.
Fold in cooked diced chicken tenders.
Servings: Makes 5 (1 heaping cup) servings / 6 Freestyle smart points per serving