This Loaded Cauliflower Casserole recipe is has a layer of bacon and cheese goodness. It’s a decadent side dish that is sure to please everyone at the table.
This skinny recipe has 164 calories, 9 g carbs, 5 g sugars, 9 g fat, 6 g saturated fat, 13 g protein, 3 g fiber. I’ve made this twice now and you’re right, it’s real good, even my son likes it ♥♥
- 4 slices center cut bacon (I use Wegmans brand)
- 2 lbs cauliflower florets (I bought one large head of cauliflower and it had almost exactly 2 lbs of florets once cut up)
- 6 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 4 oz shredded 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided (I used Cabot brand)
- 4 oz shredded 50% reduced fat pepper jack cheese, divided (I used Cabot brand)
- 3 scallions, chopped – greens only
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
Pre-heat the oven to 350. Lightly mist a 2 QT baking dish (I used a 7×11) with cooking spray and set aside.
Cook the bacon slices until crisp according to package directions and allow them to cool/dry on paper towels. Crumble them into bite sized pieces and set aside.
Steam cauliflower florets until tender.
While the cauliflower steams, combine the softened cream cheese and sour cream with a hand mixer. Add 3 oz of the shredded cheddar and 3 oz of the shredded pepper jack, the bacon pieces from step 2, the chopped scallions, garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Stir until well combined.
When the cauliflower is finished steaming, drain if necessary and add the hot cauliflower to the cream cheese mixture. Stir until well coated. If you’d like at this step you can partially mash some of the cauliflower (I did a little bit, but kept many florets whole for texture).
Transfer the cauliflower mixture to your reserved baking dish and top with the remaining 1 oz each of shredded cheddar and pepper jack cheeses. Bake for 30 minutes. If your cheese on top isn’t golden, turn on your broiler for 1-2 minutes until golden and bubbly.