- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pepperoni (3 oz.)
- 3/4 cup finely shredded Romano or Parmesan cheese (3 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar pizza sauce
Grease 2 large baking sheets and set aside. In a large saucepan combine water and shortening. Bring to a boil. Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously. Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in pepperoni, cheese, parsley, garlic powder, and pepper.
Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake at 450°F for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with pizza sauce for dipping