Cook Time : 4Hrs
Serves : 4
- 8 baking potatoes – unpeeled and cubed – (you can peel if desired)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 envelope dry vegetable soup mix
- 1 large onion – finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese – cubed
- 4 cups milk
Place cubed potatoes, vegetable soup mix, water, and onion in a slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low 6 to 7 hours or on high for 4 hours, until potatoes are fork tender.
Cut broccoli into florets.
Place in boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender/crisp. Drain.
Add the broccoli, cheeses, and milk to the slow cooker.
Heat through until the cheese is melted (10 to 15 minutes).
Add more milk if like your soup to have a thinner consistency.
Use an immersion blender to cream the soup.
Garnish the soup with shredded cheese and sour cream.
Add salt and pepper to taste.