No joke, this is my favorite pumpkin recipe of all time! These cupcakes are super moist and soft and packed with chocolate chips. Top them off with cream cheese frosting and you’ve got pumpkin dessert perfection. This is one of those recipes that when I make it, I have to giveaway at least half of the finished product to neighbors or else I end up eating them all myself.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup butter room temperature- do not over melt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- optional- mini chocolate chips for garnish
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar + more if needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two cupcake pans with 24 cupcake liners.
- Combine pumpkin, softened butter, vanilla and eggs in a medium bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Divide batter between 24 cupcake liners.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until tops spring back when touched.
- Let cool completely.
- Combine softened cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a medium bowl. Beat until smooth.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, mixing until combined. (Add more powdered sugar until you get the desired consistency)
- Frost cupcakes.
- Optional- garnish with mini chocolate chips