Deviled eggs, it’s not Easter without them and people either love them or hate them! I am on the love side, but only if they are homemade and done right. Here is my super easy recipe that I learned over the years from my mom. My family likes them so much that we grew up having them at Thanksgiving too, which my husband thinks is so totally weird.
I don’t like to beat the cooked yolks because I think a smooth texture makes deviled eggs taste like they’re store bought (gag!). I use a fork to mash them so that they have a little texture. My kids love helping with that step.
So if you don’t know what to do with all of your leftover Easter eggs turn them into yummy deviled eggs. They are the perfect side to Easter dinner!
Linda's Favorite Deviled Eggs
- hard boiled eggs
- spicy brown mustard or regular prepared mustard
- salt and pepper
- Peel and halve boiled eggs.
- Remove the yolks into a small-medium bowl.
- Mash finely with a fork.
- Add a spoonful of mayonnaise and a good squirt of mustard.
- Stir to combine.
- Keep adding mustard and mayonnaise until you get the desired consistency and flavor.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon mixture into each egg half.
- Carefully sprinkle each deviled egg with paprika.