There’s nothing like a good, warm bowl of chili on a crisp fall day. Add a side of cornbread and I’m ready to hibernate for the winter! This is the chili recipe that I grew up on and have always loved. It is so quick, so easy and incredibly delicious. All you do is brown the beef and then throw all of the ingredients in a crockpot for a few hours. That’s it! So simple.
This chili has a mild sweet flavor and is full of chunky tomatoes, beans and beef. A perfect hearty meal on a cold night!
Quick and Easy Chili
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- ½ large onion diced
- 15 oz can kidney beans drained drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can chili beans
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 package chili mix
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- ¼ cup sugar
- Brown beef and drain off fat.
- Combine all ingredients in a crockpot.
- Cook on high 4 hours or on low 6-8 hours depending on how much time you have.