Who says breakfast foods are just for breakfast? This recipe for a delicious breakfast casserole from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom is so versatile that it can be enjoyed for any meal of the day. As a self-proclaimed breakfast-loving family, my household often has “Brinner” – breakfast for dinner – at least once a week, and this casserole has quickly become a favorite.
The best part? This recipe requires minimal effort and can be made in advance, making it the perfect dish for busy weeknights or entertaining guests. I followed the recipe exactly as written, and it turned out perfectly. Even the pickiest eaters in my family loved it, which is saying something!
The casserole itself is a delicious blend of eggs, sausage, cheese, and bread. The bread soaks up the egg mixture and creates a fluffy, savory texture that will leave you wanting more. The dish is also incredibly versatile – you can easily switch up the type of cheese or meat used to make it your own.
The leftovers were just as delicious as the initial serving, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that only two small servings remained the next morning. They were quickly gobbled up, and I am already looking forward to making this casserole again. In fact, I plan to serve it the next time we have overnight guests in town, as it is sure to be a hit.
Overall, this breakfast casserole recipe from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom is a must-try. It’s easy to make, delicious, and versatile enough to be enjoyed at any time of day. Whether you’re looking for a simple weeknight dinner or an impressive dish to serve at your next brunch, this casserole is sure to please. So go ahead and give it a try – you won’t be disappointed!
Sausage, Gravy & Biscuit Breakfast Casserole
- 12 ounces of buttermilk biscuit dough we used Grands, which are slightly bigger
- 6 eggs
- 1 2 3/4 ounce package peppered gravy mix (makes 2 cups)
- 1 lb sausage any flavor
- 1 cup cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13×9 pan
- Brown the sausage in skillet and drain thoroughly.
- Cut biscuit dough into 1″ pieces, and line the bottom of the pan.
- Layer cooked sausage over the biscuit pieces,
- Layer shredded cheese over sausage.
- Whisk eggs and milk, add salt and pepper and pour over biscuit/layers.
- Make gravy according to instructions, and pour over everything.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until eggs and biscuits are cooked through.
- Serve warm (leftovers are excellent too!)