- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 15-oz. can Black Beans, rinsed
- 1 c. frozen corn
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 15-oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 small corn tortillas, cut into strips
- Sliced avocado, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a large slow cooker, combine chicken, black beans, corn, peppers, onion, fire-roasted tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on low until chicken is cooked and falling apart, 5 to 6 hours.
- Shred chicken with a fork, then top soup with Monterey Jack and cover to let melt, 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, make tortilla crisps: In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add tortilla strips and cook until crispy and golden, 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt.
- Serve soup topped with tortilla crisps, avocado, sour cream, cilantro, and lime.