..Advertisements.. CONTINUE READING BELOW
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large onions, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 lemons
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. frozen peas
- In a large skillet over high heat, sear chicken until golden brown, 2 minutes on each side. Season with salt and black pepper and place in slow cooker.
- Add onions, garlic, carrots, sugar, zest and juice of 1 lemon, thyme, and chicken broth. Season with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Add peas and cover with lid until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes. Add zest and juice of remaining lemon. Serve immediately.
...Advertisements... CONTINUE READING BELOW