Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours, 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, cut into a dice
- 1 heaped tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 pods garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 10 curry leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 11/2 pounds of tilapia or cod fillets, cut into pieces
- Lots of cilantro to garnish
Add the oil and the onions, ginger and garlic and set the slow cooker on a 4 hour high cycle.
In the meantime cut the tomatoes and the bell peppers and add in to the cooker.
Add in the salt, sugar let the mixture cook for 2 and 1/2 hours.
Remove the cover and add in the yogurt and puree until smooth with an immersion blender.
Add in the curry leaves and bay leaves.
Add in the fish and cook for another hour.
Mix well and garnish with cilantro and serve