Cooking time : 8 hours
Serves : 8 to 10
- 1 pound brown lentils, rinsed and sorted for debris
- 2 quarts vegetable broth
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon ras el hanout
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 cups chopped chard leaves
- 1 lemon, sliced into 8 wedges
Toppings: yogurt, mint, cilantro
Place the lentils, broth, onion, carrot, garlic, ras el hanout, and salt in the crock of a large slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, until the lentils are tender.
Stir in the chard leaves and allow to warm for half an hour.
Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing and optional toppings.