..Advertisements.. CONTINUE READING BELOW
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Cooking time : 5- 7 hours
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 jar (24 to 26 ounces) tomato-basil marinara or pasta sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons oregano
- ¾ teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/4 cups dry pasta (I used fusilli, but shells or ditalini would work well), cooked separately according to the package directions.
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, optional for serving
- Grated Parmesan, optional for serving
Stir together the cooked and drained ground beef, onion, carrots, celery, tomatoes, beans, broth, pasta sauce, oregano, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper in a 6 to 7-quart slow cooker.
Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours, or until the vegetables are as tender as you like them.
When ready to serve, stir the cooked pasta into the soup. Taste the soup and adjust the salt and herbs to suit your tastes.
Serve with grated parmesan and a sprinkling of fresh parsley if desired.
...Advertisements... CONTINUE READING BELOW