- 1 1/2 c. half-and-half
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 3 lb. russet potatoes, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 1 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 c. grated Gruyère
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, pour half-and-half, chicken broth, paprika, nutmeg, thyme, rosemary and garlic and stir to combine.
- Cover the bottom of a crockpot with a layer of potatoes, then top with 1/3 of cream mixture, 1/2 cup parmesan and 1/2 cup of gruyère. Layer to the top with remaining potatoes, cream sauce and cheeses, then season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove the lid, turn off heat, and let set 30 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and garnish with more thyme and rosemary, then serve.