I love brownies lately. Well, actually, I don’t know what I mean by lately there….I actually always love brownies, like in a Whitney Houston – Kevin Costner type of love….too old a reference? Maybe what I should have said is I lust after brownies lately…which is NOT a good thing when trying to drop some pounds. Good thing is that this brownie recipe I am about to bring you satisfies with just one. So rich, chocolatey, and gooey that one will do ya in….for today. Everyone…introducing S’Mores Brownies.
One of the best basic brownie recipes I have come across is one from Lauren’s Latest. I have adapted in some by using Hershey’s Dark Cocoa powder…what can I say, I also lust after dark chocolate. When I want a brownie, I want to taste chocolate..I want it to melt in my mouth with fudge goodness. This one does not disappoint.
But how do we get the graham into our s’mores brownie?? By using my favorite basic recipe for graham cracker crust…the same I use when whipping up a cheesecake. Throw in some marshmallows and you have a treat that every campfire will envy!!
For the Graham Crust
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
For the Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp. Hershey's Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup flour
For the S'moresiffic Topping
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows 10.5 oz
- graham cracker crumbs- broken up by hand
For the crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and salt.
- Add in melted butter and mix until aromatic (yes...you will smell the butter grahamy goodness).
- Once all crumbs moistened, pat into a foil lined 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or untul nice and golden in color.
For the Brownies
- In small saucepan, melt butter, chocolate chips, and cocoa over medium low heat until smooth.
- Once thoroughly melted, take off heat and stir in sugar.
- Add eggs, one by one, then add vanilla.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour over the cooled graham cracker crust and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
For the Topping
- Once brownies done, pour marshmallows all over top in single layer.
- Place back in oven JUST until toasted on top....this happens quickly!
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with graham pieces.
- Gently push them into the marshmallow goo...carefully, its HOT!!
- Let cool before cutting...if you can!