Memorial Day weekend…typically we would have been spending the day today preparing the pool for another summer of fun. While we did indeed spend a lot of time outside today, the majority of it was spent wearing hoodies, jeans, or my weekend attire, yoga pants. Yes, I pretty much live in them on the weekends. Dressing up everyday for work during the week has earned me the right to sport yoga pants Friday evening through Sunday evening. Now, if only I got back to doing actual yoga in them….. Today wasn’t a total loss. Even thought it was a little cold for pool prep, we did get some landscaping done, brought out all of the deck furniture, and popped open the umbrellas. Now the yard is ready for grilling and relaxing!! Speaking of grilling, have any of you ever had a tough time figuring out how to sneak in some more veggies into your cookouts? I mean, of course you have corn on the cob (so is it a vegetable after all or just a grain?), and you can always sneak extra veggies into macaroni salads and potato salads. I love a good caprese salad at a cookout….but what else can be done that is super easy, kid friendly, and fast??
Cool Creamy Cucumber Salad takes less than 5 minutes to make, is refreshing, and goes over well with just about everyone. Try it as a quick and refreshing side this Memorial Day!
Cool Creamy Cucumber Salad
- 2 cucumbers large (English style)
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced optional
- If desired, peel the cucumbers. I apparently cant make up my mind as I peel them in stripes.
- Slice the cucumbers into slices about 1/4 inch thick. Place in bowl.
- In small bowl mix Miracle Whip, vinegar, and sugar.
- Pour that mixture over cucumbers and lightly stir to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place in refrigerator for at least an hour for flavors to blend.